Sunday, December 11, 2005

Search Engines Promotion Home Business Biz ops

Google is the Appraiser in the Virtual Real Estate World.

From warrior forum 12-10-05 Only my posts here because I wouldn't want to upset anyone by taking their quotes and putting them on my blog. I thought this was an interesting subject though. Some of the responses were very good. Such as a new .xxx domain coming out soon. Plus a story about a guy who bought a portfolio of domain names from someone else for $164 million!

"A PR7 'domain name only' was for sale on a link/website auction.

So I saw that the minimum bid was $3000 for this PR7 site. I emailed the seller and asked about the history and he just said it still has many great links but the site isn't there anymore. He didn't say much more. It still interested me even if it cost $3000 minimum and didn't have a site anymore.

This is web real estate.

You know who the appraisers of this real estate are? It's Google! Google the web real estate appraisers. There are other appraisers of course, but Google kind of sets the price of this real estate. They are like the Allen Greenspan perhaps of the internet real estate industry.

Some resent that Google has this power. But it is kind of funny really.

Google is the appraiser and we have the land.

This particular piece of land ended up selling for $12,000. I am sure the buyer had some ideas on how to connect the domain with a product and make a site around it. However, the domain isn't that great by itself to have warrented the price.

However the fact that this website was on a piece of expensive property made the sale really. The person was buying the neighborhood.

As long as we look at Google as the appraiser and not the landlord I think we can all be happy.

Tim"


"I find this stuff fascinating. I guess I should get a life.

Thanks for the stories Josh and Dave.

Take a look at this. I took this domain I was mentioning and used a PR prediction site and they came up with this;


quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter the URL below and click submit to find out your future Google PageRank. Note: The URL must match the URL you want to check the PR exactly. So please include the "www" if that is what you want to check.

Results: Your current Google PageRank is 7. Based on our calculations, we predict your future PageRank after the next Google update will be 8, an increase of 13.33%.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



So this domain name might go up to a pr8!!! Without any content. It has to be because of the very strong links going to it and it's history.

What I am saying is PR is important. It is money. Value!

It looks like someone bought a possible pr8 site for a great price. As long as they have an idea about how they can take advantage of this they will have a great edge over someone with the same URL and no history, links or PR.

Tim"



"Hey, by the way. Here is the domain name that went for
$12,000. I am not an appraiser of domains but it seems this isn't a great domain. What do you think?

www.mitvcpi.org

Tim"

"I think Google is trying to eliminate the inflated PRs with the latest Jagger update. So this will only make high PRs more valueable in the future.

Tim"

"I know. It's kind of a fun game I think. I am just learning how to bounce the ball and play defense.

Well, I did say Google was "trying" and I am sure someone like your friend will be hard to stop. Having a lot of real estate will give you a big advantage over first time home buyers.

Tim"

Stadium Find - Find Aerial Views Of Your Favorite Sporting Venue