Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Search Engines Promotion Home Business Biz ops

Creating a list.

From my post to the forum at http://home-income-team.com/team/index.php?ref=timmarley

This is my buddy Michael Cobb's site. I say buddy although he lives in Australia and I live in San Jose Ca. and we haven't met. But he is an online friend which I think many people can relate to out there. We have had quite a year. Anyways, here is the post on making a list. Something I admiteddly am just getting going on, although I do have a few different ones and one has 6000. The links were not in the post at the forum as they don't allow that of course.




"Hi Hitsters

Did you know that one of the best ways to build a list is by providing free stuff to people? A good example of someone who has built a huge list very quickly is Michael Rasmussen of freeadvertisingforum.com. Frankly it is so busy there that I don't see the value of posting an ad because 99% of the people are there just to post an ad. But apparently it must work well enough because it has been a huge success for him.

This site offers free ads basically in a forum setting. He has promoted it very well and the last I heard has over 50,000 members. ( That was months ago) Wow! This is in less than a year.

Now, the good thing about this for him is that he can email these members whenever he wants because they have agreed to receive emails from the administration. I must hand it to Michael because he has not abused this and only sparingly sends out emails. This makes them more effective for him and keeps his members from removing themselves from the list.

There are ways for all of us to do the same thing basically. We can offer something free and get an email address in return for the free stuff. Midas5 uses this same idea.

Midas5

Midas5 Capture Page


Another way to do this is by having a classified ad site. You can place an ad on a site for free and hope to get a sale or a new recruit this way. Why not? It is free. So what happens is you get a free ad and more than likely you get on someone's mailing list. ( I have recently started one myself that is so simple and comes with a built in auto-responder. )

Another way to do this is by having a classified ad site. You can place an ad on a site for free and hope to get a sale or a new recruit this way. Why not? It is free. So what happens is you get a free ad and more than likely you get on someone's mailing list. ( I have recently started one myself that is so simple and comes with a built in auto-responder. click here)



Anyone else have any thoughts about giving away free stuff to build a list? I know there are many ways to do this.


Tim"

ps...I don't usually post posts that I did in a forum here, but I once in a while will.