Monday, December 05, 2005

Search Engines Promotion Home Business Biz ops

e-bay and other auctions.

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. I rejoined e-bay. Before I never did anything as far as business is concerned. I registered and bought something for my son.

Well, I joined this time to look at a website that I saw advertised on namepros.com

It looked like the perfect site for what I want now. A strong and growing PR6 site that I could use as a backbone of sorts perhaps to build my network of websites. A strong website can help you with other website's PR and traffic.

Here is the site I was interested in: indictionary.com

This site has over 100,000 pages and many of the inner pages are between PR2 and PR5

So I bid 1500 pounds on it. That is about $2500 and I was the only bidder until 2 minutes left. Then I saw that someone outbid me. Damn. So I upped my bid. Then again. Again. Again. Then the auction was over and I lost. The final price was over 3000 pounds or about $5000! I wanted that site. I also would have had the rights to sell the script at a good price.

So anyways, I didn't get it.

I bought a new site afterwards on ebay that is brand new but with tens of thousands pages. I also joined Amazon.com finally just so I can use this site. the site is www.for-my-pet.com

This site will be a good way to get into the pet niche. It is a huge industry and I have some reason to believe I can get some traffic to this site. I have some ideas already. I want to get inner pages with high PRs from this site and also make some sales.

Tim

work at home directory