Friday, July 06, 2007

Search Engines Promotion Home Business Biz ops

Squidoo not just for long tail.

I ignored squidoo for a few months, but now I'm sold. Sold not just just on squidoo, but also on the idea of riding on the coat tails of a site that Google and other SE's love. It's actually right in line with how I have thought about some sites, even before I ever heard of Squidoo.

However what Squidoo is doing now does standout from the crowd. They are breaking new ground in some ways, and they are important ways IMO.

While going after long tail keywords is very worthwhile with squidoo, I am certain you can get into high spots for heavily searched terms.

Currently I am the second page and rising fast for a lens whose url keyword is searched over 340,000 times a month according to my Niche Inspector tool, which doesn't include Google searches. That's after less than two hours work. Probably closer to one hour. Try that with your own new site.

The great thing about using a site like Squidoo is you don't really need to be an expert to make these lenses rank high. It really is just a matter of "just do it". Do the keyword research, write some, use the modules, add good tags, add some interactive tools such as a well thought out poll, do a few simple links using your chosen keyword for the anchor text and voila! you have a high ranked lens.

Probably Google will do a serious update of blogger.com and make it more like squidoo. I just think that squidoo is so simple for people. A few clicks here and there, a little content, and you have a chance at making some money. No offense to google though as this blog has been on blogger.com for years. I just see a change.

OK, now speaking of squidoo, here;s the squidoo lens of the day:

NFL Cheerleader