Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Search Engines Promotion Home Business Biz ops

Second Go Around Part 2

Hi

As I mentioned before, I was involved in network marketing about a decade ago for 3 years or so. I tried very hard to recruit people and build a downline. It was hard. The cost to join was $199, not inexpensive then or now. Also, you were required to get 20 people to switch their long distance phone service from AT&T, MCI and Sprint ( mostly AT&T ) to an unknown company. At first it seemed like a simple task but after asking every relative, friend and neighbor I could and only getting maybe 10 say yes it was a letdown. Very frustrating. My own mother and sister and brothers said no way. I kept trying and got 20 eventually and kept them for a while.

I eventually quit because I was spending way to much effort and money and not getting anything back.

So what has changed? Why have I been more successful this time around and why did I come back again after saying I would never do another MLM?

A major reason is because of the internet.

I don't need to ask my friends, family and neighbors. Certainly you can, but I pretty much prefer not to in this second time around. I can recruit customers and affiliates online.

Because of the internet this is a completely different industry now. Their are so many options available now. So many tools and training. Learning more about the internet marketing industry has been an incredible experience and I am convinced there is more opportunities out their now than ever before. But just like in the past, you need to work hard, study, learn and take action. Maybe even take a risk here and there.

The traffic exchanges are something that seems to have a separate community of there own. These are websites where the people really interested in showing and looking at the online business opportunities are converging. You get a feeling for what is out there but you don't really see everything. You can't there is too much. But certain internet businesses seem to become regulars on the exchanges.

Yes there are great differences between now and 10 years ago. Most for the better in my opinion.


Best regards,

Tim Phelan