Sunday, February 20, 2005

Search Engines Promotion Home Business Biz ops

Sunday Evening Post: Multiple Streams

This is my second go around in the network marketing. Actually, now it is also called net marketing, affiliate marketing, e-commerce etc... When I first tried network marketing about 10 years ago it did not involve the internet at all. It was a technolgy driven company though. I did the late great Excel Communications business. A long distance service that grew from scratch to a $2 billion company in about 10 years! Totally through network marketing. They were one of the all-time great success stories in MLM. Then 8 years later they went bankrupt. So many people who spent so much time and effort, years of their lives were left with nothing. The promise of long term residual income became just a memory for all the Excel reps.

That is why I strongly believe in multiple streams of income. In this second go around I have joined quite a few businesses and am pushing the ones I believe in and are working. I will not just do one business and trust the owners with my future.


Multiple streams is the way to go now days. In the past people in network marketing usually just stayed with one company. Because of the internet and what happened to Excel and other companies, these days it is more common for people to try more than one company at a time. In the past some companies would not allow their affiliates to do other network marketing companies. For companies to do that now just wouldn't make sense or work very well.

I will continue to keep trying different businesses and see what works. I know one guy who has 32 companies he does at once. He made $144,000 in the last 9 months of last year! I am about half way their now. We both do this full time and I wouldn't suggest someone do this if they have a job and are trying to earn some extra money. Maybe just a couple, but the philosophy is the same. Keep trying things, without spending more than you can afford, until you find what works.


Some people say you can't do that many affiliate companies. There are only so many hours in a day. I say why not. Why not hire someone to do one of your businesses? Or more than one? That is what I will do soon. It is just like any other business if you want it to be. Once it gets to a certain size you can hire someone to help. This isn't common because most people think of these internet or network marketing businesses as a one person business. But why? You can amke it any size you want once you start making money.

Best regards,
Tim Phelan